We are a full-service architectural firm that also provides integrated planning, sustainability and bushfire considerations. Additional expertise may be called on for more complex projects (ie. survey, engineering, cost consultants, etc). Typical ECOdesign services may include:
- Feasibility (advice) – what’s possible on your site – can it meet your needs?
- Concept design – an initial design response to your brief and site plus regulatory constraints.
- Developed Design – responding to your feedback as we progress further into materials and details.
- Planning (and bushfire?) responses – as regulations are specific, we need to know their requirements early.
- Documentation - where we detail working drawings and specification to include all inputs for Council & builders.
- Tendering & negotiating – with selected builders to obtain the best balance of time/cost/quality.
- Contract Administration - ‘project management’ in following through on your behalf throughout construction.
Not all projects require all services – this is a matter of discussion with decisions recorded in a signed Client-Architect Agreement (we mostly use the industry standard AIA Agreement).
- A Client-Architect Agreementmust be signed before commencement, outlining mutual roles and responsibilities – talk to us about this.
- We maintain all required professional insurances – and we can provide copies if required.
- We maintain (and offer) Compulsory Professional Development (CPD) – to continue our annual architects registration.
- The NSW Architects Code of Conduct applies to all our services.. https://www.architects.nsw.gov.au/publication-articles/92-architects-code-of-professional-conduct
- Working with your Architect information sheet is available here.. http://www.architects.nsw.gov.au/download/WORKING%20WITH%20YOUR%20ARCHITECT%20CONSUMER%20GUIDE.pdf